Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Kerry and Tony's Wedding: Part Two

You have done all the preparing you can do by preparing a shot list, talking with the client, and scouting the location. The camera batteries are charged and all your gear is in one place. You've tried to get a good night sleep but the morning dawns earlier than you expect. It's showtime!
The very first shots that you will take at a wedding are the "getting ready shots." You want to capture the nerves and excitement of the bride and groom as well as the whole wedding party. It's important to figure out ahead of time at what points in the getting ready process you want pictures of and where you want each to be. For Kerry and Tony's wedding all the pictures took place in a one cabin. It worked for most of the shots but I do wish we would have had a little more space to work with since at times it was cramped and there were only so many simple backdrops. 


I really liked how this picture turned out, even though it is definitely not my best work. At the time this was shot, the sun had yet to peak over the horizon so the only option I had was to use my flash I had bought a few weeks before in preparation for the wedding. It should be known that I dislike flash that, well, looks like flash! I bounced my flash onto a white reflector and it gave the illusion of natural light coming though a window. I'm quite happy with the results:)




This photograph was taken at a rustic cabin in Cades Cove, partly because it had better looking flooring than the cabin and because I wasn't quite sure if we had time to take it at the cabin. Shots like this don't have to be shot at the same place so the detail shots can wait if you are running low on time.


These 3 pictures were shot on a tripod so that the background stayed perfectly still.


My aunt had decided that she did not want my uncle to see her until she walked down the aisle so they met behind a door before the ceremony to pray. I'm so thankful that the cabin had this one door because all the other ones opened the wrong way or were too small!

1 comment:

Kimberly Kovach said...

really like the prayer shot-how their heads are leaning in.