Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Kerry and Tony's Wedding: Part 3

Out of all the photos for the wedding the part that scared me the most was the ceremony. Thankfully the wedding package came with a photographer for the ceremony so I worked as the 2nd photographer which helped to calm some of those nerves. If you want to really get into wedding photography I would suggest working along side a friend that shoots weddings so that you can be prepared for all the moments in the wedding that are important to capture. One of those moments that I was not prepared for was the first kiss. The main photographer was at the very front of the church, shooting back on the bride and groom with the guests in the background. I wanted to get a side shot but by the time I had avoided the other photographers shots it was too late. As the 2nd photographer, this kind of mistake does not matter but had I been the only person taking photos it would have come back to haunt me.


The main shot that I wanted to get was the grooms first look. Because I was at the back of the church I used my telephoto lens and speedlight.


The church really was beautiful! I think by editing this photo to be gray-scale it shows off the church best.


During the vows I took photographs over the shoulders of both the bride and groom.



 Next week will be the final post on Kerry and Tony's wedding!

No comments: