Thursday, March 20, 2014

Best of the Best

I've always been interested in photography. When I was nine, my brother and I would pretend that our room was a photography studio and we would take pictures of our parents, younger brother and our stuffed animals. Around the time I turned fourteen, my dad let me use his high end digital camera. Then for my sixteenth birthday I bought a DSLR camera. From that point on I have been reading books, talking to friends, watching YouTube videos, etc. to learn all about photography. Since some of you reading this may want to dive into the world of photography I wanted to list some of the resources that I have found most helpful in learning.

                    If you are looking for a book that will teach you all about photography, look no further! The best book I have ever read on the subject, hands down. It's a fast read and great for looking back when you need some extra help. Written in everyday language, you won't need a dictionary to understand how to achieve.

                    Yes, it's not cheap but it really is work the money. It can take your photos from really good to amazing. As I mentioned in an earlier post, for around a year I have been editing with Adobe Elements and the difference between the two are major when it comes to the freedom to edit a picture just how you like.

  • YouTube Channels: Dave Dugdale (great for when you are looking to but new gear), SLR Lounge (tons of videos on gear, editing and shooting), Phlearn (good editing videos), Jana Williams (If you are interested in wedding and couple photography)
                    No better place  to look for inspiration that the best thing since sliced bread;) I've planned most of my recent photo shoots around ideas I've found while browsing. Check out my Photo Shoot board filled with all kinds of ideas and tips I've found and start following me:) If you are into weddings check out June Bug Weddings for ideas is great and iHeartFaces is nice for everything photography.

 All these resources have been great in advancing my photography skills but the best way to spend your time is by practicing. So turn off the computer, grab your camera bag and start shooting!

No comments: